REAP is an organisation in Kenya with extensive experience over many years in the fields of sustainable agriculture and Natural Medicines. REAP will run a week-long intensive training seminar in Natural Medicine following the methods and principles of anamed international. Anamed, which is short for “action for natural medicine” has over 30 years’ experience in the scientific use of medicinal plants to
treat many common tropical health complaints and diseases. See www.anamed.org .
REAP is planning to conduct a Natural Medicines Training Seminar from Sunday 22nd October to Saturday 28th October 2023 at the Subiaco Centre in Karen, a suburb of Nairobi.
The aims of the October 2023 Natural Medicines Training Seminar are to train people (healers, pastors, missionaries, health workers, teachers and others active in the community) in:
- The recognition, knowledge, and cultivation of several medicinal plants in a medicinal garden.
- The hygienic production of effective Natural Medicines from these plants, e.g. teas, different medicinal oils and ointments and tinctures. We will also produce different medicinal soaps, medicinal charcoal, black stones for scorpion stings and snake bites and learn how to use several simple technologies.
- The treatments of many medical complaints and diseases, including malaria, skin problems, diarrhoea, HIV/AIDS, and wounds.
- The influence of good nutrition and lifestyle on health.
Following the seminar, we expect the participants to be able to:
- create their own garden of medicinal plants
- prepare their own natural medicines
- treat themselves, their families and others within their area of competence
- teach their families, colleagues, and others in their communities
Where: Subiaco Centre, Karen, a suburb of Nairobi. This is a Roman Catholic centre run by the Missionary Benedictine Sisters, with self-contained rooms, a beautiful ambiance, and a well established medicinal garden. It is located about 3 km from Karen centre along Windy Ridge.
Date: 4 pm on Sunday 22nd October – 2 pm Saturday 28th October 2023.
Cost: KSh 45,000/- or equivalent for the one-week seminar. (For more details please see the letter of invitation)
(This is an all-inclusive price, and includes food, accommodation, books, some seeds, a T-shirt, a poster and all seminar materials, but excludes transport to and from the venue. Any insurance required remains the responsibility of the participant)
Tutors: Rev Rosalia Oyweka, Dr. Roger Sharland, Pst George Matengo and Sr. Francesca Kaesa
If you are interested in attending please contact:
REAP Administrator: Mrs Anne Sigei
Phone: +254 (0)707 495709 or +254 (0)722 737429.