April 2018 Natural Medicines Training Seminar in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
REAP and anamed Kenya are planning to conduct another Natural Medicines Training Seminar at the end of April 2018 in Karen, a suburb of Nairobi.
The aims of the April 2018 Natural Medicines Training Seminar are to train people (healers, pastors, missionaries, health workers, teachers and others active in the community) in:
- The recognition, knowledge and cultivation of several medicinal plants in a medicinal garden.
- The hygienic production of effective Natural Medicines from these plants, e.g. teas, different medicinal oils and ointments and tinctures. We will also produce different medicinal soaps, medicinal charcoal, black stones for scorpion stings and snake bites and learn how to use several simple technologies.
- The treatments of many medical complaints and diseases, including malaria, skin problems, diarrhoea, HIV/AIDS and wounds.
- The influence of good nutrition and lifestyle on health.
Following the seminar, we expect the participants to be able to:
- create their own garden of medicinal plants,
- prepare their own natural medicines,
- treat themselves, their families and others within their area of competence, and
- teach their families, colleagues and others in their communities
Where: Subiaco Centre, Karen, a suburb of Nairobi. This is a Roman Catholic centre run by the Missionary Benedictine Sisters, with self contained rooms, a beautiful ambiance and a well established medicinal garden. It is located about 2 km from Karen centre along Windy Ridge.
Date: 4pm on Sunday 29th April – 2pm Saturday 5th May 2018.
Cost: KSh 38,000/- or equivalent for the one week seminar.
(This is an all inclusive price, and includes food, accommodation, books, some seeds, a T shirt, a poster and all seminar materials, but excludes transport to and from the venue. Any insurance required remains the responsibility of the participant)
Tutors: Rev Rosalia Oyweka and Dr Roger Sharland, assisted by Pst George Matengo.
If you are interested in attending please contact:
REAP Administrator: Mrs Anne Sigei
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +254 (0)707 495709 or +254 (0)722 737429.
** Book soon to reserve a place!
To download a pdf of an invitation to this seminar, please click here: